BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Measure of Healing

2 Corinthians 1:3-7

This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your Word has given me life. (Psalm 119:50)

In the midst of our pain, we entrust our lives to God's sovereign direction, but we also realize that gnawing sadness will always reside in our hearts. God has promised that He will wipe away all tears in heaven (Rev. 7:17), but until then the healing will be incomplete.

The psalmist said that while God's Word gives life, there is still the combination of "comfort in my affliction" (Ps. 119:50). Even in life's toughest circumstances, we can, with God's help, enjoy a measure of healing.

I have been through the valley of weeping,
The valley of sorrow and pain;
But the God of all comfort was with me,
At hand to uphold and sustain.

The God who washed away our sins will also wipe away our tears!

0 comments: